WiscCal (Android) - Configuring Calendar
This document explains how to configure the CalDAV-Sync app on an Android device with WiscCal using a simple link rather than typing in the full server settings.
WiscMail & WiscCal only
||NOTE: This document is only applicable to WiscMail / WiscCal . If your account has been migrated to Office 365, please search the Office 365 KnowledgeBase for help. More information about the transition to Office 365 is available here.|
Note: There is a manual configuration method. See WiscCal (Android) - Configuring Calendar (Manual) for the alternate method.
Bug with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean): Configured CalDAV-Sync account(s) will be removed when you reboot your phone. For a workaround and explanation, see the "Description" in this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.jb.workaround.caldavsync
Important: Your Android OS must be at version 2.2 or above.
To configure your Android device to access WiscCal, follow these steps:
- Make sure your device has an internet connection.
- Open this document on your Android device and follow the remaining steps. Point your device's browser to http://kb.wisc.edu/23298. It will help to have this document open on both a desktop browser and your mobile device.
- If you have not already done so, download and install CalDAV-Sync. Note: As of this writing, the app is in beta and is called "CalDAV-Sync beta". It currently costs under $3.
- Fill in your full calendar email address
(e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org):
- After filling in your email, click this button:
- A configuration link will appear here when you have clicked the button above.
- Note: Depending on your device's browser, you may need to click this link multiple times in order for it to be recognized properly. If a link does not appear when you click the button or the link does not work, your mobile browser may not support this method. Please use the manual method: WiscCal (Android) - Configuring Calendar (Manual).
- On your Android device, scroll to the bottom of the account configuration and fill in your account password.
- Tap Next.
- The next screen will show all the calendar(s) in your account. At a minimum, you will see your primary calendar. The default name for your primary calendar is your complete name in the directory. Check the calendar(s) you wish to sync and click Next.
- Uncheck Sync from server to phone only. If this box is left checked, changes to your calendar that you make on your device will not be reflected on the server.
- There is no need to change the email address associated with this account.
- Click Finish
You are now ready to interact with your calendar. Open the Calendar app to view your calendar. It may take up to 15 minutes for your calendar to sync; it will not appear until the sync is complete.