Freakfest -- Halloween on State Street
Phone (608) 284-5460
Date Saturday, November 1, 2014
Hip-hop champs Atmosphere (Capitol Stage) and chart-toppers American Authors (Gilman Stage) are set to headline this year’s Freakfest, Madison’s largest Halloween bash. Find the entire lineup here.
2014 Map will be very similar to the 2013 map, which can be found here.
Tickets for Sale
- Tickets are currently on sale ($8/ea advance, through Fri. Oct. 31) at the Coliseum Box Office, Ticketmaster, by phone at (800) 745-3000, online at www.ticketmaster.com. or at a number of businesses in the State Street area (see www.madfreakfest.com for details).
- Day of tickets ($12) will be available at booths near the entrances on Sat. Nov. 1 and continuing through the end of the event or when the street reaches capacity. Gates will open at 7 p.m. Booths will be at State & Lake Sts. (opening around noon on Nov. 1), and at these locations starting mid-afternoon: University & Gilman (near Bill’s Key Shop) and W. Johnson St. at either side of State St.
- Tickets will be needed for entry after 7:00 pm Nov. 1. Every person coming into the gated area during the event will need a ticket. Ticket holders’ hands will be stamped for re-entry. The event will end at appx. 1:30 am on Sunday, Nov. 2. Between about 1:30 and 3:00 am, State Street will be cleared and cleaned. Normal access should resume as soon as possible after that.
Three main entertainment stages will be part of the event, with band Atmosphere headlining:
- Capitol Stage (Corner of State Street and Capitol Square, until 1:30am)
- Gilman St. stage (200 block Gilman, near State St., until 1:00 am)
- Frances St. WSUM stage (Concrete Park between Urban Outfitters & Potbelly until 1:30)
- Police recommend using John Nolen Drive for access to and through downtown.
- Authorities recommend attendees use taxis and public transportation as parking will be very limited.
- Madison Metro bus routes will detour around the downtown area starting for the event.