WiscMail / WiscCal - Recommended Browsers
This document contains the list of recommended web browsers for use with the following applications:
- WiscMail / WiscMail Plus
WiscMail & WiscCal only
||NOTE: This document is only applicable to WiscMail / WiscCal . If your account has been migrated to Office 365, please search the Office 365 KnowledgeBase for help. More information about the transition to Office 365 is available here.|
Recommended Browsers for Other Applications
The service teams for the above applications select the web browsers that are most secure and readily available to campus users. These browsers get the most amount of testing by developers. While these applications work with most modern browsers and the Help Desk provides support for older versions, the service teams recommend that you regularly upgrade your web browser to take advantage of the latest performance enhancements and problem fixes.
Please note: Before upgrading your browser, we recommend that you review the documents listed under Recommended Browsers for Other Applications for any incompatibilities that may be important to you.
Browser RecommendationsNote: Please assume latest version.
|Firefox||Internet Explorer||Safari||Google Chrome|
= Known to Work
= Not Recommended
- Make sure that the browser is set to accept cookies (from both 1st party and 3rd party). See Web Browsers - Cookies FAQ for details (use the "managing cookies" links on the bottom of the page).
- Java Virtual Machine (for Windows users) is NOT required for WiscMail, WiscCal, My WebSpace, or My UW. But some of the applications listed below may require Java Virtual Machine be installed. See the following document for details:
Windows - Installation Instructions for Sun JVM
Recommended Browsers for Other ApplicationsUse the links below to view the recommended browsers for other UW web applications.
- MyUW - Recommended Browsers
- DARSWEB - Recommended Browsers
- ISIS - Recommended Browsers
- Learn@UW -Recommended Browsers
- WebISO - Recommended Browsers
- HRS - Recommended Browsers