Campus Womens Center
Phone (608) 262-8093 -- Campus Women's CenterHours
Mondays: 12-3 p.m., 4-6:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-7 p.m.
Thursdays: 2:30-6:30 p.m.
Fridays: 12:30-2 p.m., 3:30-5:30 p.m.
4th Floor Student Activity Center
333 East Campus Mall
Madison, WI, 53706
A student organization committed to empowering women in order to strengthen the entire community. This group provides a variety of women-centered support services to educate the campus community on a number of women's issues and to serve as a resource and referral center for all students. The center offers the following specific services and programs:
- Free child care for student parents through the Kidstime program.
- Peer facilitated support groups which are free and confidential and operate on a drop-by basis. Topics vary semester to semester, but groups in the past have dealt with issues such as body image and eating disorders, bisexuality, single parents, sexual assault, depression and anxiety, etc.
- A Speaker's Bureau that goes to places such as residence halls and sororities to give presentations and lead discussions on issues such as sexual assault and rape, sexual harassment, body image and so on.
- A large lending library of books by and about women, including many of the texts for Women's Studies classes.
- A newsletter that is published approximately twice a semester.
- Resources and referrals about organizations and services both on campus and in the Madison area.
- Diverse, educational and entertaining programming each semester
- workshops, film series, lectures, theater performances, discussions, etc.
- An e-mail list server that provides subscribers with information about events and programs related to women and women's issues happening on campus and in the Madison area.
- A safe place for women to hang out, talk, study, meet others, read magazines or get information.
Please see the Campus Women's Center and Kidstime brochures for more information.