Examity - Reviewing Exam Flags (Instructor)
This document describes how to review exam flags as an instructor.
Flags are used by Examity to indicate potential technical issues and academic integrity violations that occurred during an exam session. Flags are ready for instructor review 48-72 hours after the student completes their exam. For more information on what each level of flag indicates, see Examity's documentation on flags. To review the flags for your exam, follow the steps outlined below.
- If you have not already done so, add the Examity link to your course module as outlined in Examity - Enabling Examity in Canvas (Instructor). You only need to do this once per course.
- Click on the Examity link in your Canvas course.
- Click Load Examity Service in a new window. When you do this, the Examity user interface will open in a new tab. Doing this will activate your course in Examity.
- Click on the course and then the exam whose flags you would like to review. Keep in mind that flags are available 48-72 hours after the student has completed the exam.
- Click on the exam results tab.
- The exam results tab will have a list of all of the students in your course. On this tab, you will see the overview of each flag, including the total number and which type of flags were noted for each student. For more information on what each level of flag indicates, see Examity's documentation on flags.
- Please note that Examity is currently refining their AI that reviews student behavior, so you may find that some students have up to 100 flags during their session. This does not mean that they had 100 academic integrity violations during their exam.
- To see the flags on a particular student's exam, click on the Detail button next to that student's flags.
- Please note that any flags from Examity do not guarantee that a student was cheating. You, as the instructor, must review the video of the student and make your own judgement on if their behavior constitutes an academic integrity violation.
This screencast shows, step-by-step, how to review flags in Examity.