Hours vary by semester and by location. See website here for details.
600 N. Park Street
Madison, WI 53706
The Writing Center offers free individualized help with academic writing to any currently enrolled student. Can help with organization, style, and mechanics for papers in any course (except Comm-A courses) and at any level.
Also offers short, non-credit classes and workshops on planning and organizing papers, improving style, writing about literature, writing essay exams, writing research papers, writing book reviews, writing graduate research proposals, writing cover letters, preparing resumes and many other topics. For class schedules check the website.
To make an appointment or register for a class, you can stop by the Writing Center at 6171 HC White Hall or call (608) 263-1992 during open hours. You can also register for classes through email or through the Writing Center website.
The Writing Center also offers walk-in writing instruction at various locations around campus. Check the website for specific hours. They also offer writing assistance via Skype. Some locations below are closed for summer terms. Please visit website above for most up to date walk in locations.
- Black Cultural Center--Red Gym, First Floor
- Center for Cultural Enrichment--Witte Hall, off the main lobby
- Chadbourne Residential College--Rheta's
- College Library--First floor, student services area
- Dejope Hall--In the tutor room down from the Bean and Creamery
- Gordon Dining and Event Center--At a table across from the Flamingo Run convenience store
- Memorial Library--First floor, west corridor
- Multicultural Student Center--Red Gym, Room 243