Webex: Security Tips when Scheduling and Running Webex Sessions
Security is Cisco's top priority when it comes to hosting virtual conferences and ensuring your meetings are kept private and safe from unwanted guests. This document will provide helpful tips for those hosting a Webex session.
Helpful Security Tips when Hosting a Webex Session:
- Password Requirements - Passwords are required for all Webex Sessions when joining by computer or dialing in (Webex Meetings/Events/Training/Support)
- Passwords are ONLY required to be entered when joining a Webex session by entering the access code/meeting number on the Cisco Webex Meeting Desktop App, uwmadison.webex.com, or by phone.
- Users that click the link from their calendar invites ARE NOT required to enter a password, as the link has the password embedded in the link.
- Lock your Webex Sessions - You as a host have the ability to lock your Webex sessions to prevent unwanted people from joining. Below you will see how to lock your meeting and what it looks like when that meeting is locked (Webex Meetings/Events):
- For Webex Training, you will need to do the following: Session Tab | Restrict Access
- Automatically Lock Personal Rooms - For your Personal Webex Room, you have the ability to automatically lock or lock your rooms on demand. To lock automatically:
- To lock automatically - Go to uwmadison.webex.com | Preferences | My Personal Room | Select checkbox for Automatic lock
- Expel Attendees - As the host of your Webex sessions, you have the ability to Expel/Remove unwanted attendees. This can be done by:
- Select the participant from the participant list | Right click on their name | Choose Expel
For more info on Webex: