Mathematics Tutorial Program / Math
email@example.com -- Program Director (Frank Rooney)
(608) 263-3054 -- UW-Madison Department of Mathematics
Depend on the class (check website for most up to date calendar: https://www.math.wisc.edu/tprogram/office-hours)
UW-Madison Department of Mathematics
Offers free small group tutoring for students enrolled in Math 113, 114, 171/217, 211, 213, 221, 222, and 234.
Who: We attract a very diverse crowd of students! The Math Tutorial Program is appropriate for anyone who can benefit from our structured support as they work through their math class. Our primary focus is students who without our structure and support would not be successful in their current class. In addition, we work with returning students, students who haven't taken a math class in several years, and students who are repeating a class, as well as with students from groups which are underrepresented in mathematics and the sciences.
When: As early as possible, they can fill up fast! We are often forced to judge whether a person will be able to maintain a passing grade in a class without our help; students who we suspect won't be successful working on their own have to take a higher priority with us. If we suspect that a student will be able to do okay on their own we'll often ask them to keep working at it, and schedule a followup visit to help them assess their progress.
- Apply during first three weeks--no referral form needed. Apply in person by stopping in 321 Van Vleck
- Apply after third week--need a referral form from your instructor, advisor, or dean and bring the referral form to 321 Van Vleck
- Made up of 8-10 students, all who are taking the same mathematics class
- Attendance at tutorial sessions is mandatory to participate in the program