Webex: How to Claim the Host Role of a Webex Session
This document will show you how to assign and claim and the host role of a Webex session.
- The original host is presenting during the meeting and needs someone to moderate the meeting
- Add or remove attendees
- Mute or unmute people
- Lock or unlock the meeting
- Record the meeting and control pausing and stopping
How to Assign the Host Role to an Attendee During a Webex Session
- From the participant list, Select the user you want to give the host role | Right click their name | Select "Change Role To" | Choose "Host"
Guide to Claim Host Role
- From the Webex Meeting, navigate to Participant | Reclaim Host Role
2. Enter the Host Key
Obtaining the host key can be done multiple ways.
Ways of Obtaining the Host Key
- From the original host of the scheduled Webex
- Calendar invite if you were designated as an Alternate Host
How to Obtain the Host Key - Original Host
- During the Webex Session, navigate to the information icon in the top left corner of the meeting window
2. From your calendar invite, navigate to Host Information and the host key will display
How to Obtain the Host Key - Alternate Host
- From your calendar invite, navigate to the bottom of the meeting information and select the "Go Here" link
2. After clicking the link, a web page to the uwmadison.webex.com site will launch and bring up the meeting information