Canvas - Setting a Time Zone in Canvas [UW-Madison]
In this document, we'll explain how to modify your Time Zone setting in Canvas
Time Zones in Canvas
- In Canvas, dates and times are displayed according to the time zone set by the course.
- At the University of Wisconsin-Madison, these are displayed in Central Time, and do not change depending on location.
- Therefore, learners studying out-of-state may adjust their time zone in Canvas to match their local clocks.
- This will change the display time, but not any course settings. Due dates and other course events will remain the same.
Note: Assignments will still be due at the time/date they are set in the Central Time Zone. You can view default times by hovering your cursor over a date and time in your course.
Setting a Time Zone for your Canvas account
- Navigate to Account > Settings
- Select Edit Settings. Depending on your screen dimensions, it may be on the right-hand side of the screen, or the bottom.
- Time Zone will be displayed at the bottom of the window that appears.
- Select time zone from drop-down and select Update Settings
- Confirm that your time zone has been changed successfully.