How to close a Citrix session
How to close a problematic App in Citrix and start a new session
This can be useful if an app hangs up or Citrix automatically opens files that had been previously worked on.
1. Launch the light version of Citrix in web browser, at https://remote.engr.wisc.edu. If you installed Citrix Workspace or Receiver on your computer, and set it up to launch programs from a browser in the app, you may need to use an Incognito or InPrivate window so it doesn't automatically launch the app in Workspace.
2. Launch an app. The example used in the screenshots will be EES, but whichever app is hanging will work.
3. Click on the 3 dashes at the top-center of the screen. (The icon will turn into the citrix logo when your mouse gets over it)
4. Click on the 3 dots at the far right end of the menu
5. Click "Log Off" on the subsequent menu
This should close the program, as well as the window that was open. The next time you launch an app it should start a fresh session.