WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Revert a page or post to a previous revision
There may be times when a site editor makes a mistake or realizes that a previous version of a page or post needs to be restored. The steps in this document will walk you through how to do that. It is important to note that WiscWeb will only store up to 14 revisions in the history.
To view previous revisions to a page or a post and restore them:
- When viewing a page or post, look over at the Publish section of the page editor.
- Click on Browse next to the Revisions section.
- Next, use the slider at the top of the Revisions page to find the last update that you would like to revert back to. The slider will also show who the user was that made the last update.
- Below you will see two columns - the left column (red highlight) will show what was on the page at the time of the edit, and the right column (green highlight) will show what updates were made for this particular revision.
- If this is the version that you would like to restore, click the Restore This Revision button. Your page or post will be reverted to this version.