General Student Services Fund Authorized Signer Responsibilities and Training
Last updated: 11/20/2020
Authorized Signers must complete a three part training and submit an Authorized Signer Form and Statement of Agreement in order to begin making expenses on behalf of their organization.
Authorized Signer Training consists of:
Part 1: Orientation
Part 2: Payroll/Supervisor Training
Part 3: Forms Training
Each organization is required to have at least two Authorized Signers for payroll purposes.
Key Responsibilities for Authorized Signers:
- Navigate the eligibility process on behalf of their organization
- Prepare budgets, attend hearings, and justify expenses
- Manage all payroll and personnel issues, verify hours of employees
- Communicate and collaborate with ASM staff
- Develop a strong command of policy (ASM/SSFC, State, UW System)
- Monitor budgets and review expenses
- Review monthly reconciliations for accuracy