Suggestions for Publicizing Events on Campus
University organizations have several different options to pursue when publicizing upcoming events on and around campus.
1. Submit events to the online campus calendar at http://www.today.wisc.edu/submit .
2. Utilize department mailing lists. For more information on building or obtaining email lists, visit https://it.wisc.edu/services/email-lists-wisclist/.
3. Post event flyers on the bulletin board on the first floor of the Red Gym. Ask the IAP desk on the first floor for approval. Can also flyer kiosks in Library Mall, Memorial Union, bulletin board in Helen C. White, etc...
4. Use Bascom Hill:
- Complete an online Campus Outdoor Space Request Form: https://union.wisc.edu/host-your-event/spaces-and-facilities/ (login to the system and under reservation requests select the Outdoor Request option)
- This form will then be sent to members of the campus community to approve or deny the request. This takes at least 5 business days
- If you would like reserve outdoor space for a Run/Walk, consult the Campus Event Services Office directly.
5. Contact University Communications (262-3571) for more ideas on how to best market events to particular audiences or visit their website at http://uc.wisc.edu/ .