Enrollment and course access instructions
Enrollment and course access instructions and tips
For guest and senior guest auditors:
Using your NetID and password to log into Course Search and Enroll at enroll.wisc.edu. You will need to enroll in the course before you can access the course in Canvas learning management system. If you do not remember your NetID, it is the first part of your wisc.edu email. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org the NetID would be bbadger. If you are still not sure or have forgotten your NetID, here is a link for more information or contact the IT help desk directly at (608) 264-4357, here is the link to their website.
How to enroll, enrollment tips and how to access the course in Canvas once you are enrolled in courses are listed below.
Guest and senior guest auditors can begin enrolling for courses which they received permission to audit, beginning the first day of the term. Here is a link with enrollment instructions from the registrar office. Senior guests can also find instructions to enroll under step 7 located on the senior guest auditor webpage here.
- Your enrollment permission overrides any waitlisted or closed courses. You do NOT need to select ‘Waitlist me if the course is full when I enroll’ since you have permission to enroll, you will be able to enroll in the course regardless of the course status (i.e. closed, waitlisted)
- If you do not see the section that you receive permission to enroll in, make sure that all seat options are selected under ‘Search for Courses’ on the enroll.wisc.edu page. (To select all seat options, look under the search field on the page with the magnifying glass, it says ‘Seats’ with three boxes in front of open, waitlisted, and closed. Make sure all three boxes are selected and have a checkmark).
- If you still do not see the section you received permission to audit even with following the instructions above, you can enroll using the five-digit class number of the course you received permission for. For instructions for enrolling using a class number, open this link to “Add by class number” and follow the instructions.
- If you've been given permission to enroll but you're seeing an error when enrolling (again, for the section or class number you received permission to enroll in), follow this link for instructions to rectify this.
- LEC with a DISC – you may have received permission to enroll in a DISC (discussion), even though you will not be attending the discussion. For all LEC (lectures) that include a discussion section, students (including senior guests) MUST enroll in a discussion for the enrollment to go through. The system does not know you are taking this class as an auditor and that you do not attend the discussion or lab.
- For additional assistance, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 608-264-4357, or check out The Enrollment Help Desk here.
How to access the course in Canvas:
- Once you are enrolled in the course it may take 2- 4 hours for the course to appear in Canvas learning management system.
- You can access courses in Canvas by going to canvas.wisc.edu and logging in using your NetID and password. You will see a box on the dashboard showing the course(s) you are enrolled in.
- Access Canvas tutorial videos here.