Enrollment and course access instructions
Enrollment and course access instructions and tips
For guest and senior guest auditors:
Using your NetID and password to log into Course Search and Enroll at enroll.wisc.edu. You will need to enroll in the course before you can access the course in Canvas learning management system. If you do not remember your NetID, it is the first part of your wisc.edu email. For example, email@example.com the NetID would be bbadger. If you are still not sure or have forgotten your NetID, here is a link for more information https://kb.wisc.edu/iam/page.php?id=4966 or contact the IT helpdesk directly at (608) 264-4357, here is a link to their website: https://it.wisc.edu/help/
How to enroll, enrollment tips and how to access the course in Canvas once you are enrolled in courses are listed below.
Here is a link with enrollment instructions from the registrar office: https://kb.wisc.edu/registrar/page.php?id=4134
You can also find instructions to enroll on the senior guest auditor page, under step 7 here https://acsss.wisc.edu/senior-guest-auditors/
IMPORTANT enrollment troubleshooting tips:
- Your enrollment permission overrides any wait listed or closed courses. You do NOT need to select ‘Waitlist me if course is full when I enroll’ since you have permission to enroll, you will be able to enroll in the course regardless of the course status (i.e. closed, wait listed)
- If you do not see the section that you receive permission to enroll in, make sure that all seat options are selected under ‘Search for Courses’ on the enroll.wisc.edu page. Under the search field with the magnifying glass, it says ‘Seats’ with three boxes in front of open, waitlisted and closed. Make sure all three boxes are selected and have a checkmark.
- If you still do not see the section you received permission to audit even with following the instructions above, you can enroll using the five-digit class number of the course you received permission for. For instructions for enrolling using a class number, open this link https://kb.wisc.edu/registrar/page.php?id=4134#number to “Add by class number” and follow the instructions.
- If you've been given permission to enroll but you're seeing an error when enrolling (again, for the section or class number you received permission to enroll in), follow this link for instructions to rectify this https://kb.wisc.edu/registrar/87502
- If none of the enrollment tips above are working, you can contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-264-4357, or check out The Enrollment Help Desk here https://registrar.wisc.edu/enrollhelp/
Additional important information to know:
- LEC with a DISC – you may have received permission to enroll in a DISC (discussion), even though you will not be attending the discussion. For all LEC (lectures) that include a discussion section, students (including senior guests) MUST enroll into a discussion for the enrollment to go through. The system does not know you are taking this class as an auditor and not a credit student.
- Remember – It has been determined by UW that senior guest auditors will NOT be attending in-person classroom lecture, discussion or lab for fall term.
How to access the course:
- Once you are enrolled in the course it may take 2- 4 hours for the course to appear in Canvas learning management system.
- You can access courses in Canvas by going to canvas.wisc.edu and logging in using your NetID and password. You will see a box on the dashboard showing the course(s) you are enrolled in.
- Here is a student training for Canvas with quick links to tutorial videos: https://canvas.wisc.edu/courses/13/pages/student-training-course-in-canvas