EPD - Teaching & Learning - Tools & Technology - Zoom
UW Madison Zoom is a video conferencing tool enabled for University use
UW Madison Zoom
Zoom is an enterprise cloud platform for video, voice, online meetings, screen sharing, chat and webinars. This enterprise web conferencing and distance learning application runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Zoom is available via https://uwmadison.zoom.us
Log in to Zoom with your NetID and password
Application and Limitations
Zoom is currently in a soft launch phase, which means UW-Madison DoIT support is still limited. EPD Online Support is also currently getting up to speed as quickly as possible.
Avoid these Pitfalls
- Note: that only authenticated users can view cloud recordings. Learners taking credit courses should make sure to log in with their NetID to view cloud recordings
- Recordings that need to be shared with NCPD learners may need to be transferred to a different cloud service (eg Box or Kaltura)
- Zoom recordings are only preserved on the Zoom cloud service for up to 30 days. If recordings should be preserved for longer than that, they should be transferred to a different cloud service (eg. Box or Kaltura)
- EPD - Technology - Web Conferencing - Recommended Zoom Settings
- UW-Madison Zoom Documentation
- Zoom created Documentation