WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Accessibility Resources
The following document contains a list of resources aimed at educating users on accessibility, guiding website editors towards accessible techniques and practices, sharing tools available for testing the accessibility of websites, and contact information for accessibility-focused groups on campus.
Here are a few ways we are working to improve the accessibility of our service:
- As co-maintainers of the UW Theme (along with University Marketing), we hire developers with a passion for accessibility.
- We work closely with the Center for User Experience to identify areas of improvement in the UW Theme and to provide guidance and training on building accessible websites.
- When found, we relay concerns over the accessibility of plugins directly to the external developers/vendor and request immediate remediation on behalf of UW-Madison.
- We prioritize accessibility feedback that we receive from customers in our task boards, making sure issues are remedied as quickly as possible.
The following resources will touch upon the importance of accessibility at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We suggest sharing these resources with leadership and colleagues in your department:
- UW Web Accessibility Policy
- UW Web Accessibility Implementation Procedures
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Check out the Make It Accessible Guide for instructions on how to make all of your content accessible.
Go to the Get Help with Accessibility Guide for access to assistance for making content accessible, getting digital resources and vendor products evaluated for accessibility, and getting access to accommodation and disability resources.
You can also see the user guidance on campus technologies evaluated for digital accessibility at the Campus IT Accessibility & Usability KnowledgeBase.