Journalism Advising and Career Resources
https://journalism.wisc.edu/careers/services-and-advising/ -- Career Services
https://journalism.wisc.edu/careers/job-listings/ -- Current Job Listings
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Undergraduate Advising (Robert Schwoch)
email@example.com -- Career Advising (Pam Garcia-Rivera)
(608) 263-4898 -- Journalism Main Office
(608) 263-7669 -- Undergraduate Advising (Robert Schwoch)
(608) 890-1046 -- Career Advising (Pam Garcia-Rivera)
Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Walk-in hours for undergraduate and career advising vary. Please call the above numbers for specific hours.
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
5115 Vilas Hall
821 University Ave
Madison, WI 53706
The career services and advising staff at the UW-Madison School of Journalism & Mass Communications provides career and academic counseling for the J-School’s prospective and current students, as well as its alumni.
Career and advising services include:
- Resume and cover letter review
- Internship and job search strategies
- Internship and job listings (from entry-level to advanced)
- Dedicated internship programs for credit
- Recruiting visits to employers
- Mock interviews
- Career events and networking opportunities