WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Styling a Group of Links as Buttons
The following document will walk you through how to restyle your Group of Links as buttons rather than a link list.
Note: This document assumes you already have an existing Group of Links menu to work with. If you do not, please follow the instructions listed in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Group of Links Page Element to set up a Group of Links menu.
Before You Start
Make sure that the Group of Links menu that you are editing does not contain child/sub-menu items.
If these are included, the button displays will not work.
- Keep the number of items to 10 or fewer. If more than 10, it's probably better to keep the Group of Links styles as text links.
- Try to avoid links with too many words in them. 5 or fewer words is best.
- Navigate to the Group of Links menu you wish to restyle as buttons
- Toggle on the option to style the menu as buttons
- Select your button styles:
- Choose desired color from the dropdown list (red or blue)
- Choose your desired button size (default or large)
- Choose your desired button style (default or reversed)
- When finished, scroll to the top of the page and select the Publish/Update button to publish your changes