Noncredit Official Transcript of Student Record

Requesting an official transcript of a noncredit student record.

Noncredit learners may reach out to request an informal registrant history document or a formal transcript of the noncredit, CEU classes they have successfully completed through the Continuing Education Departments of UW-Madison. The Student Records and Transcripts Office with the Registrations office handles these requests.   This is handled differently than transcript requests related to undergraduate and graduate, credit courses (which is handled through the Office of the Registrar). The process for noncredit learners is noted below.

Informal noncredit transcripts or a registrant history can be requested by participants. Participants should fill out the transcript request form but no payment will be required. The completed form is then sent via email to  The processing of this request typically takes one to two days and the record is sent to the requester via email.

Formal noncredit transcripts need to be requested through the online transcript request form.  The fee for a formal transcript is $10. Questions about this type of transcript or if additional material needs to accompany the formal transcript should be directed to

  • Formal Transcripts are mailed via USPS and requesters need to allow two weeks for processing.
  • At this time (Spring 2021 and forward), no overnight requests are being fulfilled.
  • Official transcripts cannot be emailed.

Created: April 16, 2021

Last updated: April 16, 2021

Authors: Jenee Jerome & Jessica Kitto

Keywordsstudent record, transcript, official, noncredit, record, learner record, class transcript   Doc ID110332
OwnerAshley K.GroupDivision of Continuing Studies-Noncredit
Created2021-04-16 10:39:54Updated2021-07-13 12:13:45
SitesDivision of Continuing Studies-Noncredit
Feedback  0   0