CAE Duo- What to do if your token codes don't work for login
How to re-sync your MFA Duo Token/Fob if the codes it generates no longer let you log in
You will need to have the token with you to re-sync it. You will also need to have a way to log in using Duo, such as your cell phone or tablet with the Duo App, another token, or a one-time use code. If you don't have access to any of those, please contact the CAE Help Desk to request a temporary code.
1. In a web browser, navigate to mfa.cae.wisc.edu
and log in. You will need to verify your login with Duo, so please use one of the other methods listed above.
2. Click on "Manage Tokens and One-Time Codes"
3. At the bottom of the page, under Tokens, click "Resync" on the token that isn't working. If you have multiple tokens, you'll need to match the serial numbers.
4. You will now be taken to page asking for 3 codes. Use the token that isn't working to generate 3 new codes and put them into the blanks in the order they were generated
5. Press the Resync button. Your token should now be re-synced.
Please note, this will only resync for your CAE account. If you are using a token for your NetID Duo and it is out of sync, you can resync it by following these instructions: https://kb.wisc.edu/86312