Prevention - Intervention Center for Alcohol and Drug Abuse / PICADA
email@example.com -- Family Service Madison
(608) 252-1320 -- General Number
(608) 252-1323 -- Billing/Insurance Questions
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
128 East Olin Ave
Madison, WI 53713
The misuse and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs pose a grave threat to our families, our youth, and our community.
While some progress is being made in prevention, nationally and in Wisconsin, there is still much to accomplish. Many communities know the dangers of early alcohol, tobacco and other drug use but are less clear on how to prevent it.
Even though prevention may not be a fiscal priority in many communities, this is the environment PICADA chooses to carry out its work.
The construction of nearly every prevention program begins with an understanding of factors that place people at risk for or protect them from problem behavior.
PICADA programs include:
- An Apple a Day (prevention program for grades K through 5, corporate funded)
- Alcohol/drug basic education (all ages)
- Alcohol Education Options Program (court option program for ages 17-20)
- Community outreach/networking
- FORTRESS — a school-based peer-to-peer support program for 6th through 12th grades.
- Media Detective — a media literacy program for 3rd through 5th grades.
- Media Ready — a media literacy program for 6th through 7th grades.
- Multi-Jurisdictional Alcohol Program (court option program for kids up to age 16)
- Older adult substance abuse prevention activities (ages 55 and up)
- Prevention newsletter for schools and older adults
- Communities Rallying for Change on Alcohol(an AODA website for parents, teachers and communities)
- Living Above the Influence (a teen-focused AODA website)