Tellurian Ucan Detoxification Center
http://www.tellurian.org -- Center Homepage
http://www.tellurian.org/services/treatment/detoxification/ -- Detoxification
(608) 223-3311 -- Detox Center
(608) 222-7311 -- Tellurian, Inc. (Business Office)
(608) 663-2120 -- Billing Center
(877) 661-9051 -- Toll Free
8:00am - 4:30pm - Tellurian Office
Open 24 hours/day, 7 days/week - Detox Center
300 Femrite Drive
Madison, WI 53716
Dane County Detoxification Center
2914 Industrial Drive
Madison, WI 53713
A safe, medically supervised place for people who need to get sober from alcohol or drug use (EXCEPTION: no barbiturate detoxification provided). You must be 18 or older to come to Tellurian (if under 18, you can go to University Hospital Emergency Room). You do not need to be drunk to be admitted.Primarily provides:
1) Evaluation (to determine whether the person needs in or outpatient treatment).
2) Assessment (to see what problems the person has, such as drinking because of battery, etc.).
3) Referrals to other services for when the person is sober.
Counseling and education is provided, both individually and in groups. Inpatient treatment is NOT provided--Tellurian is not a hospital. Nurses and counselors are available 24 hours/day. Police can transport a person who needs to get sober if the person is incapacitated from drinking; Police and Security usually do this from a campus location. Persons who are incapacitated by alcohol are admitted on Protective Custody, an involuntary legal status, for up to 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).