WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Preventing a Page / Post from Being Indexed by Search Engines
This document will walk you through how to prevent a page or post from appearing in search results for services like Google.
The process of preventing a page from being indexed in the UW Theme involves creating a custom meta tag property. This option will prevent most search engine web crawlers from indexing the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and locate the Meta Tags Settings box
- Locate the option for creating Custom Meta Tags
- Select Add Meta Tag
- In the Property field, type “robots”
- In the Content field, type “noindex”
- Publish/update the page or post