DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab for Campuses Support and License Resources
The GitLab for Campuses license includes a territory account manager, strategic account leader, and priority support services. For emergency support submit a support request, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow the escalation chain.
GitLab Customer Services Representatives
|Name||Title and Support Description||Phone|
|Dan Peric||Territory Account Manager
(2-3 hrs week and can support small projects)
|Daryl Knopf||Solutions Architect||N/Aemail@example.com|
|Matt Stamper||Strategic Account Leader
|Victor Brew||Public Sector Inside Sales||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Robert Clark||Manager, Technical Account Managers||(703) email@example.com|
Priority Support Resources
- GitLabs Standard Operating Hours
- 24x5 - High/Med/Low
- 24x7 - Emergency
- Regular Support Portal: https://support.gitlab.com/
- Emergency Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Upgrade Assistance
- SLA definitions
- List of UW-Madison/DoIT Contacts that can work with Daniel Peric and GitLab
Emergency Support and Escalation Chain
- Open a support ticket at https://support.gitlab.com/
- If it is an EMERGENCY and requires EMERGENCY level SLA’s (Only available in Premium/Ultimate/Silver/Gold), either
- send an email to email@example.com
- include the word Emergency in the title of the ticket
- The email must be sent by a resource who is established as a Zendesk user associated with the Zendesk Org (List of UW-Madison/DoIT Contacts that can work with Daniel Peric and GitLab)
- If you do not receive a response within the published SLA listed then contact GitLab personnel in the order of the "GitLab Customer Service Representatives".
GitLab for Campuses License Highlights
- A test environment can be set up with the same license so long as the same users are using the test instance.
- Schedule live upgrade assistance anytime there is an upgrade.
|Aspect of License||Details|
|Type of License||GitLab for Campuses|
|# of user||50,000 (unlimited)|
|Expiration Date||12/31/2022 (new licenses will be issued by GitLab each year)|
|Purchased 12/02/2021 for 3 years. Renewed through||01/01/2024|
License Renewal and Request Process
As of January 2022, GitLab funding will be provided by the Campus Software assessment. DoIT Purchasing and User Services will coordinate future license renewals.
GitLab indicated that they are willing to support issuing multiple licenses at no additional cost. This would allow other groups on Campus to host their own on premise or cloud instance. DoIT needs to complete an evaluation of options for issuing licenses and confirm a preferred approach. Options include:
- Groups working directly with GitLab to receive GitLab Ultimate tier licenses
- DoIT submitting requests to GitLab for additional licenses and monitoring the number of licenses on Campus