Smartsheet Accessibility and Usability Information
Smartsheet is a project management app using primarily spreadsheets and workflows.
- Contact the DoIT Help Desk for general assistance or to report an accessibility or usability barrier.
- Get more information about Smartsheet accessibility features.
Accessibility and usability barriers
The following information is provided to help people with disabilities know what potential barriers may exist with Smartsheet.
Keyboard navigation may be difficult or impossible for people with visual and motor disabilities
All page content is unreachable when navigating via keyboard. Users cannot tab through the page.
Screen reader navigation may be difficult for people with visual disabilities
The following screen reader navigation barriers were discovered in testing Smartsheet:
- The section of IT Project Themes is unreachable for screen reader users. Screen reader users cannot tab to move the focus indicator around the section and read its content.
- Pages are missing heading structure and page regions.
- Buttons, such as the “Report Abuse” button, are not labeled as such and therefore may not read as interactive elements to a screen reader user.
- Images, such as the Smartsheet logo, are missing alternative text.
- The page does not identify the language of the page. Thus, the screen reader may not be able to read the page with appropriate language, which would cause a barrier for screen reader users.
Magnification may be difficult for people with low vision
The following barriers may be difficult for users who need to magnify the interface of Smartsheet due to a visual disability or low vision.
- The scrollable table of each section is unable to reflow properly when the page is magnified by 400%. This causes a barrier for people with visual disabilities. They have to scroll left and right to see the whole content of the table.