Research Email Service - Alternatives
This document lays out some of the options if campus employees wish to send out a mass email.
These options should not be used by researchers for recruitment purposes. Researchers must use DoIT Research Email Service. See the IRB Email Recruitment Guidelines for further information.
- Send the email yourself. Some steps an individual could do:
- Obtain a list of email addresses from the respective data source. Students Employees
- Create a Google Group
- Set Posting Security to Only group administrators may post. This is very important as otherwise everyone you add to the group will be able to send to the group.
- Add the email address to the group all at once
- Wait a short period of time for the list to populate. Check Group member count to verify when it's complete.
- Add the sending email address as a manager/owner to the Google Group
- Send email to the Group
- Assuming no follow up emails you may want to delete the Group the following day as over time the list will become out of date.
- Migrate over to the campus-wide marketing automation solution, Eloqua. You can learn more about this service here.
- Use an external marketing service. EG. SurveyMonkey, Constant Contact etc...
- If this is official/necessary UW Communication you may be eligible to use the List Library