Greater University Tutoring Service / GUTS
Web http://www.guts.wisc.edu/ -- Main page (visit for Schedule of services)
Email email@example.com (General GUTS)
Phone (608) 263-5666
(Office located in the Student Activities Center Office #4413)
The GUTS office will be CLOSED November 19-23rd for Thanksgiving. The office will open and resume normal hours November 26th.
Here's a Google Doc with the specific subjects taught during College Library drop-in: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qeCmmWsvJ06v5OBCTmQu-taPowH2bN0HmSHaCisVXUo/edit
Student Activity Center #4413
333 East Campus Mall
Madison, WI 53715-1380
A student-run, volunteer peer tutoring service which provides free academic assistance to any enrolled UW student. Assistance available in a number of areas
1) Drop In Centers: provide academic assistance on a short-term basis. Located at College Library as well as the SAC; see above for hours.
2) Academic Match: small groups (1-6 students) meet 2 hours each week with tutor to review work for a specific class.
3) Conversational English: provides assistance to international students wishing to improve their conversational English; matches international students with native English speakers for linguistic and cultural exchanges
4) Study Skills: individual or group counseling on note taking, concentration, procrastination, organization, exam preparation, test taking, test anxiety, reading strategies, time management, memorization and study techniques, and a series of written handouts on study skills.
5) Foreign Language Learners: matches UW volunteer tutors fluent in a foreign language with foreign language students for a weekly conversation hour.
6) Transitions: is dedicated to helping undergraduate students transition to graduate and professional school. Transitions holds informational panel sessions to get questions answered by current graduate/professional students and gain a first-hand experience of graduate student life.
Visit the website to volunteer to become a tutor for GUTS