College Library - Patron Documentation - Poster Ordering
This document outlines the process to submit a poster print order with one of the library-supported computer labs, as well as information about DesignLab.
Submitting a Poster Order
- Check your poster thoroughly for errors, including typos and quality issues.
- To check print quality, zoom to 100%, checking for pixelation, distortion, or blurriness
- Make sure your file is the correct size.
- For Photoshop: Image > Image Size
- For Powerpoint: Design > SlideSize > Custom Slide Size
- For other software titles, see user manual.
- One edge must measure at or below 43”
- Save your file with the following name: FirstNameLastName-OneWordDescription.filetype
- Example: HelenWhite-Biology.tif or BuckyBadger-Beverage.png
- Sign into the Poster Printing application at https://poster.library.wisc.edu
- Start a new poster order.
- Select the pick up location for your poster.
- Upload your image file or provide a link to a shared file.
- Provide additional details aboutyour poster.
- Width (in inches)
- Height (in inches)
- Number of Copies
- Paper Type
- Finalize Order
Get Help Making a Poster
DesignLab is a free library service open to UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff to help you design better digital projects. You can make a one-on-one or small group appointment to get help with your poster.
DesignLab staff can help you think through your layout, visualizations, font and color choices, or just be a second set of eyes on your poster before you print.
Make an appointment: https://designlab.wisc.edu/make-an-appointment