UW-Madison Google Workspace - Google Groups Administration
DoIT’s Google Groups offers a suite of features and functionality to meet your email distribution list needs. UW-Madison's Google Groups Administration site facilitates Google Groups management.
The Google Groups Administration site (https://email.wisc.edu/lists/classes) is a streamlined alternative to manually updating Google Groups. You can manage, create, and add members to different types of Google Groups using the site. Below are resources on how to get started:
Manage a Google Group
- Create a new Google Group: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Create a Google Group.
- Add multiple members to a Google Group: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Add Multiple Members to Your Google Group.
- Search and remove an email address for standard groups you own by using the Member Search within Membership Tools.
Types of Google Groups
- Class Groups: Google Groups generated from course enrollment data from the Office of the Registrar’s Student Information System (SIS). Only owners or managers of a Class Group can see the membership. Learn how to manage and email the Customer Group members here: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Class Groups.
- Custom Groups: Data driven groups based on HR/SIS/Manifest data. Learn how to manage and email the Customer Group members here: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Custom Groups.
- Advisor Groups: Data driven groups based on Registrar data. Learn how to manage and email the Advisory Group members here: UW-Madison Google Workspace - Advisor Groups.