Wisconsin School of Business / Admission / Office of the Dean
firstname.lastname@example.org -- General Information
email@example.com -- Office of the Dean (Dr. Vallabh ÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã âSambaÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬ÃÂ Sambamurthy
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Undergraduate Program
email@example.com -- BBA Admissions
(608) 262-1550 -- School of Business Main Number
(608) 890-2490 -- BBA Admissons
(608) 262-7867 -- Office of the Dean
(608) 262-2550 -- Undergraduate (BBA) Program
(608) 262-4000 -- Full-time MBA Program
(608) 263-1169 -- Evening and Executive MBA Programs
(608) 262-3749 -- Ph.D Program
(608) 265-4190 -- Undergraduate (BBA) Program
(608) 262-3607 -- MBA Program (Full-time and Evening)
(608) 890-0180 -- Ph.D Program
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. -- Undergraduate (Wisconsin BBA) program
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- Evening and Executive MBA programs
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- Full-time MBA program
975 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706-1323
Admissions Process for School of Business:
The Wisconsin BBA is a limited enrollment program. Students either enter through the prebusiness process (on-campus students) or through the direct admit process (high school or transfer students from a UW-System school or Wisconsin technical college).
Students applying through the pre-business process will need to take the four pre-business courses and submit a resume and essay as part of their application. The application opens in the spring semester; students who are in the process of completing all requirements that semester are eligible to apply, provided they have earned fewer than 86 credits. Successful applicants become Business majors the following fall. The acceptance rate varies per year based on that admission cycle.
Students applying through the direct admit process will need to apply to UW-Madison as an entering first-year student, and select business as their primary or secondary interest. Effective Fall 2017, students will only need to complete a UW-Madison application, and will not be required to submit a separate Wisconsin BBA Program application. The UW Office of Admissions will review applications for admission into both the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the BBA Program. Additionally, the UW Office of Admissions and the BBA Program administration will collaborate in the criteria reviewed for BBA direct admit applicants.
Applicants will be notified the same day about the status of their admissions to both UW Madison and the BBA Program.
Finally, transfer students who are currently enrolled in one of the University of Wisconsin System schools, or in a Wisconsin Technical College System school, may be eligible to apply for direct transfer admission to the Wisconsin BBA Program. Students may apply for direct transfer admission into the BBA program at the same time they apply for admission to UW-Madison if they are transferring from a UW-System school (both two and four year) or one of the Wisconsin Technical Colleges and are in the process of completing the four pre-business courses. Students not enrolled at a UW-System School or a Wisconsin Technical college are not eligible for direct transfer admission and must complete 12 credits in residence at UW-Madison before applying to the BBA program in the spring semester. Students will have two opportunities to apply to the BBA program as long as fewer than 86 credits are earned. Admission decisions are based on the completion of pre-business courses, cumulative GPA, resume and essay. Admission is competitive due to enrollment limitations. Students will be notified of their acceptance in early summer.
Please visit https://admissions.wsb.wisc.edu/ to see more information about applying to the Wisconsin School of Business undergraduate program.
The BBA Advising Center, Suite 2020 Grainger Hall, has advisors available via appointment or daily drop-in advising for pre-business and admitted business students.
School of Business General Information
- The BBA (Bachelors in Business Administration) is the undergraduate program offered at the Wisconsin School of Business
- The BBA program includes 10 majors: Accounting; Actuarial Science; Finance, Investment and Banking; Information Systems; International Business; Management and Human Resources (Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Management); Marketing; Operations and Technology Management; Real Estate; and, Risk Management and Insurance.
- Please visit https://admissions.wsb.wisc.edu/BbaPreBusiness for more information on application
- They also offer a MBA program (Masters in Business Administration)
- The MBA program is meticulously crafted around a series of Career Specializations to give graduates incredible depth of expertise. See http://bus.wisc.edu/mba/specializations-centers for all the careers.
- Applicants must have a bachelors degree from an approved (accredited) institution. (Comparable degree for international students)
- At least two years of post-undergraduate professional work is required.
- Please see http://bus.wisc.edu/mba/admissions/deadlines-requirements for further application details.
- They also offer a EvMBA (evening MBA), EMBA (executive MBA), MS/MAcc (Master of Accountancy), and PhD programs.