WebCheckout - Equipment Checkout Policies
This document notes all current policies for the InfoLabs equipment circulation service. The information is reviewed and updated annually.
- A current, valid Wiscard must be presented at time of checkout.
- The due date for items can be checked online or through the standard confirmation emails sent at time of borrow or renewal.
- Checkout location hours can be found online or in the the standard confirmation emails sent at time of borrow or renewal.
- Please return items at least one hour before closing on the day that the items are due.
- For locations that are open past midnight, please return them before 11:00 pm.
- Any and all questions regarding technology circulation, including policy, fines, or support requests can be directed to email@example.com.
The following list constitutes the eligible groups for InfoLabs circulation services.
- All Current Madison Employees
- All Enrolled Students
- Patrons are limited to one checkout of each item type (laptop, camera, tablet, video camera, etc.) at a time.
- By accepting the equipment at checkout, the patron agrees to the following policies and that all items parts included with the equipment have been received and are in working condition.
- Problems with, damage to, or loss or theft of the hardware loaned must be reported immediately. Failure to do so will result in repair and/or replacement fees.
- Any damage to, loss or theft of loaned equipment during the loan period is the sole responsibility of the borrower as well as subsequent repair or replacement costs up to the original value of the item(s).
- Costs assessed to a patron must be paid before new equipment can be borrowed from any equipment circulation location.
- Users found to have damaged equipment will be blocked from borrowing more equipment until such time as the damage fees have been assessed and paid in full.
- Borrowers must not check out equipment for use by any other student or individual; doing so could result in permanent revocation of borrowing privileges.
- Equipment must be returned to the same location from which it was checked out.
- Items dropped off at locations other than the original borrowing location, are not considered returned and will accrue late fines until they are retrieved by the borrower and returned to the correct location.
- It is the sole responsibility of the borrower to verify that the location is open when planning to return the item.
- $20 per day can be assessed for every day or portion of every day that the item is overdue that the facility is open.
- Fines for overdue items begin to accrue immediately after the checkout location closes (or at midnight if the location is open past midnight) on the day that the item is due.
- If there is a fine on a person's record, that person will not be able to check out any technology circulation item from any location until all fines are paid in full.
- Unpaid fines stay in the system indefinitely.
- Fines must be paid online and can only be paid with a credit or debit card, not with cash or check. No exceptions.
- On the fifth day that an item is overdue, staff will escalate efforts to recover the item to the Dean of Students. If these actions are necessary to secure the return of an overdue item, the borrower will be banned from future use of the technology circulation service. No exceptions!