SIS/Student Groups - Adding a Student to a Student Group
This document outlines the process for adding a student to a Student Group.
To add a student to a student group, follow the steps below:
From Home, select: Student Records WorkCenter, Student Groups. The Find page will display.
Tip: menu navigation: > Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Groups.
Use the Find page to locate the student's group. The student's information will display on the Student Group page.
Depending on the student's student group record, follow the proper process.
If the Student Group field is filled in, then follow these steps
- Select upper [+] Add button to the right of Academic Institution.
- Follow the 'Is Blank process below.
If the Student Group field is blank, then complete all the fields as advised in the SIS/Student Groups - Student Groups Page Field Description
- Academic Institution = UWMSN
- Student Group
- Effective Date (see rules listed below)
Select [Save]. The new student group is saved to the student's record.
Rules for Effective Dating enrollment based Student Groups
If adding a Student group for a Future Term, then Effective Date is today's date.
If adding a Student Group for a Current Term, then Effective Date is on or before the first day of the current term.
- The Term Begin Date can be found: Student Records WorkCenter, |Dean/Dept Processing|, Session Dates and Deadlines
- Student Group data is not term specific. Therefore, entry of the Effective Date with a date on or before the first day of the term is essential for course enrollment.
- A student must be added to the student group before the student is eligible to enroll for any course with a requisite that includes that student group.