How to View Someone Else's Calendar in Outlook 365 or Outlook Desktop
This document describes how to view someone else's calendar using Outlook 365 and Outlook.
Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Forest & Wildlife faculty, students, and staff; Hub staff
Outlook comes in in two varieties:
- Outlook 365, which you access over the web
- Outlook desktop, which is installed directly on your computer
Outlook 365 (Web version) Instructions
- Open the calendar inside Outlook 365 (calendar icon, left side of screen)
- Click Add Calendar: (left side of the screen)
- The Add Calendar screen appears:
- Click Add from directory. The screen changes:
- Click Enter a name or email address.
- Type or paste the person's name or email address.
- Choose People’s Calendars from the Add to dropdown menu.
- Click Add.
- Close the Add Calendar window.
- The calendar you added now appears at the left, selected:
Note: what you see depends on the security authorization the other person has granted you. You may only be able to see "Busy" with no details.
Outlook Desktop (Installed on your computer) Instructions
- Open the calendar inside Outlook (calendar icon, bottom left of screen.
- Right-click Shared Calendars. Choose Add Calendar then Open Shared Calendar from the popup menu:
- Type or paste the person's name or email address into the Name box.
- Click OK/Add.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.