Teaching at UW: Promote student success through transparent communication
Resources from the Teaching at UW: Promote student success through transparent communication event
Promote student success through transparent communication
It is important to create a solid foundation for your course. This session will explore ways of orienting students to your course, clarifying student expectations around communication and feedback, and reviewing and evaluating the appropriateness of course workload.
Survey course orientation and welcome message examples and strategies.
Develop strategies for communicating course workload expectations.
Define expectations for student-instructor communication and feedback.
Affect course predictability through the creation of a course rhythm.
- In Person Session: PowerPoint presentation
- Virtual Session: Google Slides
- Policy - Credit Hour
- Course Credit Information Required for Syllabi
- Wake Forest Course Workload Estimator
- Module Orientation Video Example
- Communication expectations
- Creating Course/Unit Introduction Videos
- Instructor Provided Content (IPC)
- Module Zero