Teaching at UW: Build equitable and inclusive learning environments
Resources from the Teaching at UW: Build equitable and inclusive learning environments event
Build equitable and inclusive learning environments
Students’ sense of belonging and ability to have positive relationships in the classroom is key to their academic success. This session explores ways in which teaching practices can support student success by addressing barriers to learning and being aware of structural and systemic biases that affect our students.
- Explore a framework for teaching inclusively.
- Recognize the role social identities play in learning environments.
- Identify one or more elements of equitable and inclusive teaching for your practice or your courses.
- In-Person Session: PowerPoint presentation
- Virtual Session: Google Slides
- Land Acknowledgement
- Five ways to ground your teaching in equity and justice
- Wheel of Privilege and Power
- Social Identity Handout
- Stan — Equity and Inclusion Video
- HonorNativeLand Video
- Equity and Inclusion: Access
- Framework for Inclusive Teaching
- Subject Librarians
- Subject Area Research Support