Teaching at SoN: Foster inclusive language in the classroom
Foster inclusive language in the classroom
Inclusive language is essential to student well-being and a sense of belonging. This session will provide a framework for inclusive teaching and approaches for addressing inclusive language concerns that arise in the classroom.
- Explore a framework for building inclusive instruction in the classroom.
- Develop a plan for addressing and preventing inclusive language issues in the classroom.
- Build a space within SoN where diversity, equity, and inclusion issues can be openly shared and discussed.
- Share experiences, solutions, and approaches related to inclusive language.
- PowerPoint presentation
- Campus Syllabus Template
- Strategies for drafting DEI Syllabus statements: