Canvas - Known Issue - Viewing SCORM Content in Firefox [UW-Madison]
This document describes a known issue Firefox users may see when they access Canvas courses that use SCORM.
Interactive Learning Modules in the form of SCORM content might have issues loading in Mozilla Firefox.
Students, Staff, and Instructors using Firefox to access Non-Credit courses with SCORM content (Content does not load properly.)
- Switch to a different browser such as Chrome or Edge.
- Use alternative HTML or accessible versions if available.
- Change browser settings in Firefox to allow content to load:
- From the Firefox browser, click the Open Application Menu button in the upper right hand corner (the icon with three horizontal lines).
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security
- Under Cookies and Site Data, select Manage Exceptions.
- In the Address of Website field, paste the URL for:
- the Canvas course where you launch the SCORM content
- the URL for the SCORM content that isn't loading.
- select Allow for each URL.
- select Save Changes.
- Under History, open the Firefox will drop-down, and select Use Custom Settings for history.
- Close your Firefox browser completely.
- Reopen Firefox, log into Canvas again, and reload course.