Blended Course Map: BUS OTM 452 — Operations And Technology Management 452
This blended course map was created by a participant of the Blend@UW Course Design Series. It represents an example of how activities could be designed for one unit of a course to achieve the course and unit outcomes.
Example of a blended course map from BUS OTM 452 — Operations And Technology Management 452
Name: Xiujuan Jane Zhang
SCID: Wisconsin School of Business
Course Name: BUS OTM 452 — Operations And Technology Management 452 Supported Program Outcomes:
- PO1: Develop a high degree of professionalism and responsibility, skills in problem-solving, critical thinking and evaluation, writing, oral presentation, decision-making, and teamwork.
- PO3: Focus on the projects, processes, and strategies that guide efficient design, production, and distribution of goods and services.
- PO6: Develop and design projects/processes to improve customer experience.
- CO1: Understand how to valuate a project.
- CO2: Understand how to initiate a project.
- CO3: Design an efficient project schedule.
- CO4: Value project resources and productivity.
- CO5: Design an effective project communication plan.
- CO6: Ensure positive project outcome
- CO7: Learn tools/methodologies of project management.
- CO8: Differentiate different project management approaches.
- CO9: Develop competence, depth, and expertise in project management.
- CO10: Develop a high degree of professionalism and responsibility, skills in problem-solving, critical thinking and evaluation, writing, oral presentation, decision-making, and teamwork.
- CO11: Develop analytics skills to measure project success and advance organizational goals.
- Unit 1: Introduction — 1 week
- Unit 2: Project Valuation — 2 weeks
- Unit 3: Project Initiation —1 week
- Unit 4: Project Scheduling — 2 weeks
- Unit 5: Monitoring & Control — 1 week
- Unit 6: Schedule Risk — 2 weeks
- Unit 7: Project Management Tools — 1 week
- Unit 8: Agile Project Management — 2 week
- Unit 9: Contracting — 1 week
Unit Being Redesigned: Unit 2: Project Valuation — 2 weeks Unit Objectives:
- UO1: Identify the ways to valuate project outcomes and impacts the organization.
- UO2: Differentiate the risks and limitations of each evaluation method.
- UO3: Develop a process for evaluating projects
- U04: Provide recommendations for managerial actions.
|Pre-Class Activities||In-Class Activities||Post-Class Activities|