Workspace ONE - Creating an Eduroam Profile for macOS
This document describes the process of creating a profile in Workspace ONE that configures a macOS device to join eduroam without additional setup needed from the user.
Notes about this profile
- Users will be prompted for a username and password upon connecting to Eduroam for the first time; this should be entered as '[NetID]@wisc.edu and [NetID password].
- Deploying this profile to users that already have an Eduroam connection will disconnect them from the Eduroam SSID and require them to re-enter their NetID password to reconnect.
- Users with administrative rights will be able to remove the Wi-Fi profile from System Preferences if desired.
Creating the profile
- Navigate to Devices > Profiles & Resources > Profiles.
- Select Add > Add Profile > Apple macOS > Device Profile.
- Name your profile.
- Go to Network and select Configure.
- Configure the following settings:
- Network Interface: Wi-Fi
- Service Set Identifier: eduroam
- Auto-Join: checked
- Security Type: WPA/WPA2 Enterprise
- Prevent MAC address randomization: checked
- Use as Login Window Configuration: checked
- Protocols: PEAP
- Use Directory Authentication: checked
- Trusted Server Certificate Names: login.wisc.edu
- Allow trust exceptions: checked
- Click Save & Publish.