Image Sizing Guide - Best Practices
This document goes through how to add images to your email and the upload process.
Adding images to emails in the Design Editor
Create more visually appealing content and convey your brand by adding images. Images can be inserted in image blocks and as backgrounds for your emails. You can insert images from the component library and Oracle CX Content (formerly Oracle Content and Experience Cloud).
Learn more by watching this video!
Uploading images and files
Upload images and files to the component library so you can use them in your campaign assets.
Before you begin:
- The maximum size for an upload in File Storage is 10 MB.
- The maximum size for an upload in Images is 50 MB.
- The name of the file (including the dot and extension) cannot exceed 100 characters.
- Files in file storage are used to link outside of the main asset (email or landing page).
- If you upload a group of images, they must be placed in the same folder.
- Supported file formats are:
Image files: .jpg or .jpeg or .jpe, .gif, .bmp, .png, .tif or .tiff
Note: It is recommended to upload images to the Images library. Use File Storage if you want link to an image rather than have the image in the email.
- Media files: .swf, .wmv, .aiff, .au, .mp3, .wma, .mp4, .avi, .asf, .rm, .mpeg, .mpeg-4, and .mov
Documents: Microsoft Word (97-2010 [and Mac 2011] .doc and .docx), Microsoft Excel (97-2010 [and Mac 2011] .xls, .xlsx and .csv), Microsoft PowerPoint (97-2010 [and Mac 2011], either .ppt or .pptx) files, PDF (.pdf), and text (.txt).
- Calendar files: ICS (.ics).
Learn more by watching the video!
To upload a file to the component library:
Navigate to Assets > Components, then click Images or File Storage.
- Click and browse to the upload files.
- Specify the file names and where you want to add them. Make sure to select your specific folder when you do your upload. If you want to create a new folder, click New Folder under the Save As drop-down .
Click Upload. When the upload is done, the upload window closes.
Note: If your file does not meet the correct criteria, you will see an error message informing you of the problem. You will need to resolve the issue before trying again.
After you finish:
- After you upload the file, you can browse to it from the component library so that you can see the associated file URLs.
If you need to change the file, see Managing images and files.
Important: You cannot change the URLs.
Make use of your images and files in your campaign assets. Use the hyperlink feature to use files in file storage.