Teaching at SoN: Using Top Hat to foster reflection and measure understanding
Explore ways of using Top Hat to foster reflection and measure understanding
Using Top Hat to foster reflection and measure understanding
As we engage in the delivery of content, there is a need for instructors to ask questions and get feedback on the level of student understanding of content — either before, during, or after it is presented to students. This session walks instructors through the process of setting up and using Top Hat to collect and display responses to questions posed by the instructor or the results of collaborative work.
Explore ways of using Top Hat to engage students.
- Explore the types of questions to facilitate different levels of learning.
- Set up your Canvas course to use Top Hat.
- Guiding students to participate in a Top Hat session.
- Presenting Top Hat questions and showing results to students.
- Timmo Dugdale, CTLM
- Cid Freitag, CTLM
- Presentation Slides
- KnowledgeBase — Quick Tips: Pedagogical Uses of Top Hat