UW-Madison Zoom - Solutions for Common Zoom Sign-in Issues
There are a number of common Zoom login issues that can be easily rectified. Learning how to troubleshoot and gather information about these issues helps to simplify the solution process.
Preliminary Troubleshooting Steps
Learn how to sign into a UW-Madison Zoom Account
- Make sure that your internet connectivity is stable.
- Identify the method you are using to sign into you Zoom account.
- If you are attempting to sign in using a web browser, be sure to log into your UW-Madison Zoom account using this link.
- If you are using the Zoom desktop client or mobile app, make sure that you are selecting "Sign In with SSO" from the sign-in page, and that you are entering "uwmadison" if prompted for a domain.
- Once you have verified these sign-in details, find your Zoom version number and make sure that you have updated to the latest version.
- Lastly, it may be beneficial to consider uninstalling and reinstalling your Zoom desktop client or mobile application.
- Note: We recommend trying both sign-in methods before moving on to the next set of instructions.
Issues that Persist Past Basic Troubleshooting
- Log into Wisconsin Account Administration using your NetID and password.
- From the left hand menu, select Account Administration and then Service Status.
- One this page, scroll down to the Service: Zoom section.
- Make note of what the Account Exists and Eligible subsections say.
- Using the same left hand navigation menu as before, select Zoom, then Status.
- On this page, make note of what the Status subsection says.
- Based on your findings from the Account Exists, Eligible, and Status sections, follow the guidelines in the chart below.
- If the Zoom issue you are experiencing is in regards to a service account, please also see the service account sign-in issues section.
|"Account Exists"||"Eligible"||"Status"||Your Next Steps|
|Yes||Yes||Inactive||This is a disabled Zoom account. The user needs to activate missing services.|
|No||Yes||Eligible; not enabled||This Zoom account does not exist yet, but it is eligible. The user needs to log into their UW-Madison Zoom account using a private browser window.|
|(All Cases)||No||(All Cases)||
This account is not eligible for Zoom. Learn about Zoom eligibility requirements.
Note: If you believe that your account has been labeled not eligible in error, please contact the DoIT HelpDesk.
Note: If you are experiencing Zoom login issues, and your case does not match any of the scenarios listed above, please contact the DoIT HelpDesk.
Service Account Sign-in Issues
- Please note that service accounts are not automatically enabled for UW-Madison Zoom. Access to UW-Madison Zoom must be requested.
- Note: Making a UW-Madison Zoom service account request does not guarantee approval.
- Learn more.
- DoIT is unable to assist with any log-in issues regarding non UW-Madison Zoom accounts that have been created using a service account. We can only help with service accounts that have been enabled for UW-Madison Zoom after submitting a request.
- Verify that you have been added as linked to the service account you are attempting to use for Zoom.