Error: the source folder is not versioned properly.
"The source folder is not versioned properly" is a common error when installing or modifying an existing installation of SolidWorks.
As stated in the error message, the swdata99.id file is missing. This error can be resolved by recreating the .id file in the location specified in the error message.
- Open Notepad
- Type in the version of SolidWorks you're attempting to install or modify.
- The format is "SOLIDWORKS 20XX SP0X"
- Save this text document in the folder specified in the error message.
- In the screenshot above, this is C:\Users\Cons\Downloads
- Note: the year and version may vary from the screenshot below. Please use the year and version specific to your install.
- Close Notepad and browse to the File Explorer location where you saved the text document.
- Rename the text document to swdata99.id
- In File Explorer, make sure file extensions are set to display. Go to the "View" tab, click on "Details", and check the box for "File name extensions".
- Right click on the text document file and select "Rename" from the pop-up menu.
- Highlight the entire name, including the .txt file extension.
- Type in swdata99.id to replace it.
- Note you may receive an error after renaming the file. Click "Yes".
- After following these steps, navigate to the SolidWorks application. You should now be able to install or modify SolidWorks.