WiscWeb - Narrowed Width Classes for Content Layouts
The narrowed width classes allow you to constrict the amount of space used for your content layout. It will create empty whitespace to the left and right of the content.
There are two CSS classes available within the UW Theme for narrowing content width. These can be applied within the class field of the content layout settings.
Narrowed widths can improve readability of text (including reading speed and comprehension) and are also a benefit to users with dyslexia.
The narrowed width classes can be added to the settings of a content layout:
- Open a page and add a content layout
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the content layout
- Locate the Row Class field
- Enter your row class based on how much you wish to constrict the content
- uw-row-1000 will narrow the content within the content layout to 1,000 pixels.
- uw-row-800 will narrow the content within the content layout to 800 pixels.
- Save the page as draft or publish/update and then preview your changes
After - 1000 width