VoIP - Phone Line Migration to New AT&T Circuit - Informational
This document will explain what to expect during the Summer 2023 VoIP phone line migration from one AT&T circuit to a new one.
We need to move all phone numbers to a new AT&T circuit by September 1, 2023. We will be moving phone numbers every week in batches during the summer. For the end user, everything will look and function the same way on the new circuit.
What to Expect
- VoIP phone numbers will be unavailable when placing or receiving external calls
- ***Internal calls to/from campus phone numbers and 911 will not be affected***
- Callers may hear "This number has been disconnected." or "The number you have called is a vacant number." if called during the migration window
- Internet WILL NOT be disrupted during these moves
- Outage windows for each number will last anywhere from 3-18 minutes
- Only two groups (June 26th and July 5th) will have an outage window last up to 2 hours for each number
- Communication will be sent out to Authorized Users ahead of their migration from email@example.com