Canvas - Exporting Content from a Canvas Course [UW-Madison]
Exporting Course Contents
- Navigate to the Canvas course you’d like to export
- Open Settings
- Select Export Course Content on the opposite side of the page.
- On the next page, select Quiz or Course, depending on what you’d like to export. Then, select Create Export.
- The export will begin, and you will receive an email notification when it has finished.
- When the export completes, return to the Content Export page. You can quickly return to the page by selecting the Click to view Exports link in the notification email.
Note: If you still have the export page open, refresh the page.
- Your course export is listed as a URL. Click the URL to download the course export .imscc file.
Importing an .imscc File
To import your course export file into another Canvas course, see How do I import a Canvas course export package? from Instructure. If you’d like to directly copy contents from another UW-Madison Canvas course, see Canvas - Importing Content from another Canvas Course [UW-Madison].