Campus LAN Trout Lake Support Procedures
The Trout Lake Research Station is a part the Department of Limnology. It has a pair of Palo Alto 820 firewalls and connects to a non DoIT support layer2 switch via an external third party ISP. This connects to campus via a Site-2-Site vpn connection.
- If site device(s) become unreachable (M-F 8:00 am to 4:00 pm) contact the on-site support staff member or the departmental staff contact.
- If site device(s) become unreachable outside normal business hours (M-F 8:00 am to 4:00 pm) contact the on-site support staff member on the next business day.
- Configure a replacement firewall and either bring to the shipping department or have Field Services box up and bring the firewall to the shipping department.
• If site device(s) become unreachable (M-F 8:00 am to 4:00 pm) Open a WiscIT Problem with External Outage, notify OpEng.
• If there are errors on a link - Open a WiscIT Problem and send to OpEng
• If there are power issues, try to verify by calling and/or emailing on-site contacts . (OpEng will not be able to do any work until the power is restored).
DoIT Field Services does NOT have access to this building and will NOT provide support for this site other than boxing up a replacement firewall which has been configured by OpEng and shipping the box to the site. Any issues outside of normal business hours should NOT be escalated to OpEng for attempts to resolve remotely.
Nathan Delano - firstname.lastname@example.org - Office: 608-262-0515
Susan Weier - email@example.com Office: 608-262-3004
On Site tech contact: Noah Lottig - firstname.lastname@example.org - Office: 608-890-4733
See also: Off-campus Support Locations