General - Technology Troubleshooting - Out of Order Sign and Directions
Create an Out of Order sign
- Use the template attached
- Optionally but ideally, customize the language and identify an alternative service point or device.
- Fill in the 2nd page, which will become the back of the sign when printed.
- Add today's date and the time.
- Add your name (first and last) to the sign so we can follow up if needed.
- Indicate who has been informed of the problem so that we can track progress toward a fix.
- Include a brief description of the problem - what specifically is not working.
- Print it double sided so that info about the problem and the steps you took in reporting it appears on the back.
- Post the completed sign.
Communicate the problem to LTG
When communicating the problem with the LTG Help Desk, please include all information from the Out of Order sign, including the location of the technology in question. For situations where there is a computer or printer name label, please include that information as well.
The following options are valid to create a ticket with the LTG Help Desk for followup:
- Email a description of the problem to email@example.com
- Fill out the contact form on the library website here: https://www.library.wisc.edu/help/technical-assistance/
- Call 608-262-8880 between 8am and 5pm