Microsoft Office - Installing Converters
This document describes how to install the feature that allows Word to read a document that is in a different format (such as Word Perfect, or Rich Text Format (rtf)).
Microsoft Office might have problems reading certain files that are not written in Office format (.doc, .xls, etc.). This is because Office needs a special converter to open these files. You may get an error message when you try to open these files asking you insert the Office CD.
- Click Start, then select Control Panel.
- Windows 8 users type Control Panel into the Start screen and hit Enter.
- Go to Start, then select Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove Programs.
- Select your version of Microsoft Office and click Change.
- Select Add or Remove Features and press Next.
- Press Update.
- A progress bar will appear. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Press OK.